Legislative and Lobbying Activity: Policies
One of the primary functions of SSU Governmental Relations is to interact with our locally elected officials on policies that are important to the University's mission. That mission's center is the student body. Much of the relationship between each city and Sonoma County around Sonoma State University concerns housing and student interactions in our regional communities. At the state and federal level, most policies are centered on budget or education code issues, including infrastructure funding and the path to graduation for all students.
Sonoma State University and the County of Sonoma have a long history of collaboration and partnership. SSU lies on the border of the incorporated cities of Rohnert Park and Cotati, is at the northern edge if Penngrove and surrounded to east by the unincorprated county otherwise. For these reasons, the County of Sonoma and its Board of Supervisors are important partners.
- Assemblymember Damon Connolly (12th Assembly District)
- Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (4th Assembly District)
- Assemblymember Jim Wood (2nd Assembly District)
- Senator Mike McGuire (2nd Senate District)
- Senator Bill Dodd (3rd Senate District)
- Congressmember Mike Thompson (4th District of California)
- Congressmember Jared Huffman (2nd District of California)
City of Rohnert Park
Learn more about the Rohnert Park City Council.
City of Cotati
Learn more about the Cotati City Council.